Monday 9 December 2013

Open Youth 2013

So this weekend was the winter Open Youth event for team selection and the first round of British Bouldering Youth series. I arrived at The Works feeling good, no nerves and felt stronger then I ever had before.

Photo: Peter Fisher
The format was 8 qualifiers and 3 final routes if you qualified for the final. The qualification round went well I thought for my first year in Junior, flashing 5, doing one second go and then getting a bonus on one -- but that slip that caused me to do one 2nd go caught me out like it did to a few other competitors also. Sadly I didn't qualify -- I may have got the bonus, but not flashing that problem just knocked me out of the final 8.  Frustrated, but I knew nothing could be done now and the only thing to do now is to train more for the next round!

Well done to all competitors, and especially to George Morris, Dom Vincent for 1st and 2nd in boys B, and also Tash Allcock for coming 5th in girls A! Thanks to both Boulder Central and their staff and friends for support and also advice and training from Jonny Argue.


Photo Peter Fisher


No comments:

Post a Comment