Monday 17 June 2013

YCS final 2013

This weekend just gone was the YCS 2013 final! I have been looking forward to it for ages and have been training hard, so I was hoping for good results!


The amazing turnout of competitors from all the regions! The day was set to be a good one, it started out with the first route usually easy and it was around 6B. I was shaky the whole way up but topped it with no problem. Next we went onto the first and second boulders the first being again easy but then moving onto the second, I brushed the holds nervously and chalked up and got on; sadly my heel slipped on the penultimate move and I fell and it was now a wait till my next go luckily my next go I topped it fine and it brought my confidence up as I got into the competition.

A long break later we moved onto the second route, I was second up the route looked fine and it was jugs pretty much all the way up until the final bit witch I quickly negotiated. Now it got serious the deciders last boulder and route! The last boulder problem no one had yet done people falling off it on different moves but Eoin seemed to make it look easy and got the first top and flash of the problem. A few people later it was me and I flashed it! This all now rested on the last route going into it in joint first with Eoin.

It came round to my turn, I was thinking about it too much but I got straight on. It all felt fine no hard moves just sustained, the clips were tricky but I was soon up to the last bit where instead I put my left hand up first instead of my right and with how pumped I was it seem to make it impossible for me to get my foot up I fell, a silly mistake but nothing I could do about it. So I waited watching the other competitors Jake oughton and Ellis butler barker both passing the point where I got too moving Jake up into second, Ellis first and me third.
I was extremely pleased with a podium!

Thanks to all the people who helped me with training and so on! Plus well done to everyone who competed on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment