Thursday 8 August 2013

Summer youth open!

Recently come back from Leeds wall in Leeds, from the British youth open it was a great competition run well and enjoyable for all.

In an open you have 2 qualification routes and a final with one route! The first route went well, an easy first section leading to a technical tough finish. I managed it just with nearly slipping on a couple of occasions but, luckily I didn't a total of 5 of us managed the route so as there is 6 in a final i was hopeful for getting into the final!

The second route was interesting hard and powerful, what I thought would be my style but when i got up there it really wasn't! I slipped off around the half way point, but it was enough to qualify just in joint 5!

Now for the final, I came out of isolation for observation, the route looked good I just had to see when i got on it. I came out first to go on the route I was surprised at how easy I was finding it, when all of a sudden my heal slipped on a heal hook at the half way point. I looked up annoyed as I knew I could of gotten a lot higher, but oh well I had enjoyed the competition and it had been a good day I ended up 6th.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me get to this point!

Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment